WordPress Introduction Masterclass 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Masterclass course will help you to appreciate the power and flexibility of WordPress, the world's most popular free tool for the creation and maintenance of websites and blogs. WordPress is built by hundreds of community volunteers, with a wide range of plug-ins and themes available to enhance any site. Because of the software's huge potential, our course will appeal to anyone looking to learn about setting up and maintaining a website or blog.
The course will take you right from installing and setting up WordPress through to customising WordPress with plug-ins and using themes to further enhance the visuals of your site.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Install and configure WordPress
- Understand the difference between posts and pages
- Publish a blog post
- Manage links, tags, and media
- Approve or delete blog comments
- Customise your site with advanced themes
- Inspect and manipulate the WordPress Loop
- Apply tags
- Create custom navigation menus
- Assign user roles and permissions
- Activate plug-ins that enable enhanced features such as eCommerce
- Attract visitors with correct SEO approach for adding title, alt and image names
- Track visits by using the Google Analytics plug-in
Our goal is for you to be confident in using WordPress to create and manage visually exciting websites and blogs.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for anyone new to web design and development and who wants to develop skills to use WordPress to build great-looking and accessible websites and blogs.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media. An understanding of HTML and CSS would be useful but is not essential.